Emergency HEAP applications will begin November 1st for eligible households who are:
- currently disconnected or
- have received a disconnection notice or
- can document having less than a 10-day supply of bulk fuel (oil, coal, wood).
Any household whose total income is at or below 175% of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines may be eligible. Eligible households may receive up to a $175 benefit for regulated electric and a $550 benefit for Municipalities and Co-ops. The final date to apply for assistance is March 31st, 2017.
Size of Household Total Income for 12 Months
To make an appointment call 518-4014. The appointment scheduling system is open twenty-four hours each day, seven days a week. Please Note: (If you cancel or reschedule your Appointment, no hold will be placed on your account).
Clients who services are off or due to be shut off within 3 business days can call for a Next-day appointment between the hours of 6:00pm and 8:00pm.
Home visits are available for individuals who are home bound because of medical or other conditions. To schedule, call (216) 664-6204.
Persons applying for emergency energy assistance must have with them copies of:
- Most recent bills for their gas and electric utility,
- Photo identification,
- Social Security number documentation, or cards for all household members, and
- Verification of past 3 months income for all members age eighteen and older
For those households who have zero income
, an IRS Tax Transcript is required. Renters living in multi-unit dwellings may be required to provide their landlord's name and contact information. When residents qualify for and apply for HEAP Winter Crisis benefits, applications for a regular HEAP benefit and the Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP Plus) will automatically be submitted to the Ohio program office. CHN operates five HEAP offices. Each center has scheduled daily appointments.
The following is a list of the HEAP offices:
- Cleveland Housing Network 2999 Payne Ave Cleveland, Ohio 44114
- Fairfax Renaissance Development Corporation 8111 Quincy Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44104
- Famicos Foundation 1325 Ansel Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
- Stockyard, Clark-Fulton Brooklyn Centre 3167 Fulton Ave, 44109 (Provides bi-lingual staff)
- Bellaire Puritas Dev. Corp. 4703 Puritas Avenue, 44135
Great news! If you need to renew your PIPP, you no longer need to make an appointment – Just bring Copies of the bill holder’s I.D., Social Security cards, birth certificates and 90 days, proof of all household member’s income for all household members 18 or older, and your current light and gas bill. If you have no income, you will need an IRS Transcript. Documents can be dropped off at Cleveland Housing Network, 2999 Payne Avenue, Suite 208.